Africa Meets Europe: A Forum for Young Leaders (AME)
(Berlin; November 6th - 10th, 2019)
Joining the AME ForumThe principal focus of Africa Meets Europe: A Forum for Young Leaders (AME) is to develop a network of young individuals committed to building and sustaining lasting ties between the European states and Africa in the fields of politics, academia, science, media, business and culture, thereby strengthening European-African relations. The network is supported through a diverse range of ongoing activities and is highlighted each year by weeklong seminars for new members to join.
As an independently developed and organized program, AME offers a unique opportunity to come together and foster wider, deeper European-African relations on a business, cultural and political level. This in turn will develop a wider understanding of intercultural issues, promote personal growth, and contribute to the creation of innovative policy-oriented solutions to issues affecting Europe and Africa.
- To establish a long-term, interdisciplinary network of young leaders that contributes on both a professional and personal level to dialogue and exchange between Europe and Africa.
- To educate, enhance, and sustain the European - African relationship through the empowerment of the participants.
- To strengthen professional, economic, cultural, political, and scientific cooperation through close personal and professional relationships.
- To provide the participants with fresh insights and new perspectives to deepen their understanding of the economic, political, cultural, religious, and social frameworks of the two regions.
- To support valuable contributions to civil society in both Europe and Africa through "Leadership Initiatives" that the young leaders will organize as part of the program.