Cultural Diplomacy in Africa
A Forum for Young Leaders (CDA)
(Berlin; May 20th - 26th, 2021)
Joining the ForumThe principal focus of "Cultural Diplomacy in Africa: A Forum for Young Leaders" is to develop both a real and a virtual network of young leaders committed to building and sustaining lasting ties within African states in the fields of politics, academia, science, media, business and culture, thereby strengthening African relationships. The network is supported through a diverse range of ongoing activity and is highlighted each year by weeklong seminars for new members to join.
As an independently developed and organized program, CDA offers an unique opportunity for institutes and companies and their aspiring leaders to come together and foster wider, deeper African relations on a business, cultural and political level. This in turn will develop a wider understanding of intercultural issues, promote personal growth, and contribute to the creation of innovative policy-oriented solutions to issues affecting African members and countries.
- To establish a long-term, interdisciplinary network of young leaders that contributes on both a professional and personal level to exchange within African states..
- To educate, enhance, and sustain African relationships through the empowerment of the participants.
- To support valuable contributions to civil society in Africa through "Leadership Initiatives" that the young leaders will organize as part of the program.
- To provide the participants with fresh insights and new perspectives to deepen their understanding of the African economic, political, cultural, religious, and social frameworks.
- To strengthen professional, economic, cultural, political, and scientific cooperation through close personal and professional relationships.
To apply for a position on a Weeklong Seminar please use the link below.
Networking (More »)
Once individuals join the Forum they are invited to join the ICD Alumni Network. This Forum represents the perfect location to network and share information on job and internship opportunities, related events, reunions, and to gain support for your leadership initiative.
Leadership Initiatives (More »)
Participants are encouraged to organize their own “leadership initiatives” after the program, which can help to spread the principles of cultural diplomacy much further. The ICD is able to support Forum members in the areas of research, marketing, event management, and audio-visual documentation, as well as by providing general guidance.
Academic Research (More »)
Forum members are supported by the ICD in conducting research studies into issues relating to the Forum. The ICD offers guidance in the preparation of research proposals and is able to publish studies completed to a large, international audience through the ICD website.